Myofunctional Therapy for the Treatment of Misaligned Teeth!
- Alternativen -
The myofunctional therapy is a treatment with removable devices to actively and passively influence the chewing muscles and other facial muscles. These are partly responsible for the position of the teeth and for the development of jaw growth.
On the one hand, myofunctional therapy serves to prevent tooth misalignments in the early phase and, on the other hand, is also a treatment option for existing misalignments.
Myofunctional Treatment - the right time to start, goals an all the details
- Myofunctional therapy is used early on in primary teeth, early mixed dentition or mixed dentition.
- The aim is to improve bad habits such as tongue thrusting, incorrect swallowing patterns or mouth breathing.
- In this way, future tooth and jaw misalignments can be prevented.
- The younger the patient and the more growth spurts there are,
- the better is the prognosis and the chance of preventing misaligned teeth at an early stage?
Not only controlling growth is an essential goal of myofunctional therapy. It also eliminates early disruptive factors and ensures a harmonized growth process with regulation in the jaw.
Functional Orthodontics - Myofunctional Therapy
Functional orthodontic devices involve the orofacial muscles in the treatment. These are intended to normalize muscle activity. In particular, myofunctional therapy aims to permanently eliminate malfunctions. The orthodontic devices control the forces during growth. Through this process of inhibiting and promoting growth, a skeletal misalignment can be compensated for.Myofunctional treatment details: impact
- The devices used place great emphasis on mouth and lip closure
- The tongue has a large functional space
- Devices are used in the growth phase
- Improving nasal breathing
- Is also used in the phase of stabilization/retention of the treatment results of misaligned teeth – at any age.
Wearing Time and Duration of Myofunctional Therapy
With removable devices, the patient’s cooperation is particularly important – regardless of the misalignment of the teeth. A minimum wearing time of 12-14 hours! That means all night plus a few hours a day.
Schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation!
The Process in my Orthodontics:
- Free initial consultation for misaligned teeth in our orthodontics. Appointment only by appointment!
- Create treatment documents for individual treatment courses. Diagnosis with x-rays, photos and digital scans without impressions.
- Plan discussion and explanation. X-ray evaluation and the analysis discussion about which type of braces and/or brackets are necessary for the individual case.
- Start of treatment. Inserting the device and providing information about cleaning and wearing times
- Important and necessary check-ups every 6-8 weeks
- End of treatment. Removing the braces and discussing the results of the treatment
- Retention– the beginning of stabilization of the treatment result.
Here you will find the entire process in my orthodontics explained in detail.