Lingual Braces - Internal Braces
- Alternativen -
Lingual braces refer to invisible braces in which the brackets are placed on the inside of the teeth (tongue side and palate side) rather than on the outside. In comparison to classic braces, which are visible and stuck on the outside. The invisible, internal braces are particularly suitable for patients who need teeth straightening but want to hide it.
Thanks to modern technology and advances in orthodontics, it is now possible to treat misaligned teeth just as successfully with internal brackets as with Brackets on the outside.
The internal braces, brackets and wires are manufactured individually in state-of-the-art specialist laboratories. Every tooth, every tooth surface, size and shape is different. The biomechanics are also different compared to external brackets.
Lingual Braces Advantages and Disadvantages
The duration of treatment obviously depends on the deformity, the treatment methods and the technique used. Small misalignments, for example, take a few weeks/months. Severe misalignment for a few months/years. The costs of internal braces are also significantly higher than, for example, aligners or external braces due to the high level of effort involved.
You can find out all the details here: Free initial consultation
The important check-up appointments (internal braces) take place every 6-8 weeks!
Lingual braces advantages:
- These fixed, internal braces cannot be seen from the outside
– ideal for patients who really want to correct their misaligned teeth without being noticed. Politicians, singers, models. Commuters with a lot of customer contact.
- Almost all misalignments can be corrected with internal braces. Both in adolescents and adults Low risk of caries because the internal braces are located close to the salivary glands: regular rinsing and re-mineralization of the tooth surface.
Lingual braces disadvantages:
- When speaking, you have to get used to it at the beginning – S and C sounds in particular can be difficult to speak at the beginning.
- Eating and chewing are not very comfortable at first
- A fixed, internal brace that is not removable. In
contrast to aligners, for example
Lingual Braces and the Process in my Orthodontics
- Free initial consultation for misaligned teeth in our orthodontics. Appointment only by appointment!
- Create treatment documents for individual treatment courses. Diagnosis with x-rays, photos and digital scans. Always without marks.
- Plan discussion and explanation. X-ray evaluation and the analysis discussion about which type of braces and/or brackets are necessary for the individual case.
- Start of treatment. Inserting the device and providing information about cleaning and wearing times
- Important and necessary check-ups every 6-8 weeks
- End of treatment. Removing the braces and discussing the results of the treatment
- Retention– the beginning of stabilization of the treatment result.
Here you will find the entire process in my orthodontics explained in detail.